Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: sound and modem problem !!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4

    sound and modem problem !!!

    :?: I have sound card ALS 4000 and modem motorola SM56 PCI and my Knoppix 3.1 beta can not recognize this hardware.
    Can any one help me?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    RE: sound and modem problem!!!

    <snip>
    ...sound card ALS 4000 and modem motorola SM56 PCI...
    </snip>

    I'm not sure about the sound card; it is shown as supported by both OSS (the sound hooks used by Knoppix) and ALSA (the newer alternative). This info by way of a quick search on Google.

    The modem is a different matter -- it's JUNK! Even Motorola has abandoned it (I scrapped mine a year ago). I would recommend an Intel "hardware-assisted" (HaM) modem. While not strictly a hardware modem, it IS supported by Linux and they are inexpensive; usually under US$20

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4

    als 4000

    How can I force Knoppix to recognize als 4000, that I can hear sound?
    Or how I can install driver and where I can foun that?

Similar Threads

  1. Sound, modem, scanner & digital camera problems!
    By andrewdodd13 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 06:25 PM
  2. I fixed sound and floppy please help with modem
    By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 06:12 PM
  3. Sound Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 03:05 AM
  4. sound / modem / 3.5 floppy/ does not work help please
    By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 06:28 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-11700 8-Core 2.50GHz LGA1200 CPU Processor SRKNS picture

Intel Core i7-11700 8-Core 2.50GHz LGA1200 CPU Processor SRKNS

$150.00



Corsair 760T, ASUS X99a-ii, i7-6800k, 16GB RAM, 1080GPU, 256GB SSD #21 picture

Corsair 760T, ASUS X99a-ii, i7-6800k, 16GB RAM, 1080GPU, 256GB SSD #21

$300.00



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065 picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065

$125.00



Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor

$259.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P picture

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P

$319.99