-
Knoppix wlan on Gateway 600
I'm using a dual-boot Gateway 600 laptop with a Cisco 350. Unfortunately, while the card works fine in Windows, I get no results when booting knoppix (card is recognized on init, then both status lights light up and stay). This happens with all of the Knoppix CDs (various release dates) that I've burned.
Obviously the kernel is seeing the kernel as lsmod contains the following:
airo_cs 3492 0 (unused)
airo 37800 0 [airo_cs]
ds 6472 2 [airo_cs]
yenta_socket 8640 2
pcmcia_core 37568 0 [airo_cs ds yenta_socket]
hwsetup -n -v confirms that the card is being detected with the following:
class: NETWORK
bus: UNKNOWN
device: eth
driver: airo_cs
desc: 350 Series Wireless LAN Adapter
When I do a wlcardconfig, I get a dialog box telling me that No Wireless card was found.
There is even a /proc/driver/aironet directory (which should contain status info) but the directory is blank.
Although it worked in Red Hat 8, I've also been unable to get this card working in Red Hat 9. Could it be a problem with the version of airo_cs compiled with the kernel?
As a side note, I've also tried an Orinoco Gold card (model 8420-WD) and have the same problem. The card appears to be recognized and initialized, but wlcardconfig tells me it's not there so I never get the option to enter an SSID or WEP key.
Thanks,
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By ghostblaze in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By melo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
-
By orcsoul in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM
-
By djm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2003, 02:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book
$25.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985
$32.00