-
Senior Member
registered user
That's what I did. Problem is that I run up against dependencies where it wants a later version than the one that's going to be installed. (It suggests what I want is impossible.) I don't know how to resolve this: I'm not even sure how (or if) I point apt-get at a later version: forgive me, but this isn't obvious (to me at any rate).
I wonder: would I be better removing all references to Kde (in, say, synaptic) and starting afresh? What would I point the tools to to get a really up to date version of Kde?
I'll struggle on with this tonight, but I'm begining to think I'm flogging a dead horse. I might just pop out and buy another hard drive and pop a later version of Knoppix on (I'm still using 3.1) and copy everything I need over: there's not enough space on my SuSE partition. (I'll make a seperate /home, too!)
What would be cute would be an upgrade option within the CD, but I'm not sure if this is possible.
Similar Threads
-
By samlutley in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 08:34 PM
-
By Tech2k in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-24-2005, 06:31 PM
-
By Rink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core I3-540 SLBTD 3.067GHz CPU Processor LGA1156
$13.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99