Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61

    [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql

    Hello,
    I would like to know if it is possible to export my actual DB from my website that I manage with PHPmyadmin to copy it into my /var/lib/mysql

    I did not find how to do that...
    I manage to create an empty DB but that's it

    Thxs
    Ludo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2
    Hope this helps,

    What I did was setup a script that actually deletes the httpd.conf and php.ini files, and then creates links to my database folders and config files that are stored on my pen memory device. This way, I don't lose any of the data during a reboot.

    #!/bin/sh

    chmod 777 -R /etc/apache
    chmod 777 -R /var/www
    chmod 777 -R /etc/php4/apache

    rm /etc/apache/httpd.conf

    rm /etc/php4/apache/php.ini

    ln -s /mnt/sda1/httpd.conf /etc/apache/httpd.conf
    ln -s /mnt/sda1/htdocs /var/www/htdocs
    ln -s /mnt/sda1/php.ini /etc/php4/apache/php.ini

    apachectl start

    chmod 777 -R /var/lib/mysql

    ln -s /mnt/sda1/citydata /var/lib/mysql/citydata

    /usr/bin/mysqld_safe &

    echo "Done with setup"


    MadWebGuru
    Bruce

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    Hmm that's not exactly what I meant.
    Perhaps I should try to post it on the HDD install. Because I've knoppix installed on my HDD.

    thxs anyway

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2
    I just copied the actual files over from a different box.

    Using the script I provided, you could create a empty folder that is linked into the /var/lib/mysql and then use phpMyAdmin to import a exported dump. The dump should contain the sql needed to define the tables for your database.

    MadWebGuru
    Bruce

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Posts
    76

    Re: [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql

    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    Hello,
    I would like to know if it is possible to export my actual DB from my website that I manage with PHPmyadmin to copy it into my /var/lib/mysql
    According to www.phpmyadmin.net you can make a backup. Now the problem can be how to ftp those backups over, but that depends on the setup on your remote host.

    [Edit]
    According to their faq you can transfer the backup directly to your machine
    [/Edit]

    - - Edwin

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    hi,

    Ok I'll try to have a deeper look into myphpadmin and see if my host allow to export the data too...

    thxs
    Ludo

Similar Threads

  1. MySQL
    By mzee in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
  2. Mysql with databases on HDD
    By sbb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 05:14 AM
  3. apache and mysql
    By dr_rude in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 02:37 AM
  4. [mysql] how do I use it???
    By Coume in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 07:00 AM
  5. Get me going with MySQL
    By Terry@nz in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$135.00



IBM X3550 M5 5463-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3550 M5 5463-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$249.99



IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD picture

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD

$87.96



IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays picture

IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays

$150.00