-
[MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to export my actual DB from my website that I manage with PHPmyadmin to copy it into my /var/lib/mysql
I did not find how to do that...
I manage to create an empty DB but that's it 
Thxs
Ludo
-
Hope this helps,
What I did was setup a script that actually deletes the httpd.conf and php.ini files, and then creates links to my database folders and config files that are stored on my pen memory device. This way, I don't lose any of the data during a reboot.
#!/bin/sh
chmod 777 -R /etc/apache
chmod 777 -R /var/www
chmod 777 -R /etc/php4/apache
rm /etc/apache/httpd.conf
rm /etc/php4/apache/php.ini
ln -s /mnt/sda1/httpd.conf /etc/apache/httpd.conf
ln -s /mnt/sda1/htdocs /var/www/htdocs
ln -s /mnt/sda1/php.ini /etc/php4/apache/php.ini
apachectl start
chmod 777 -R /var/lib/mysql
ln -s /mnt/sda1/citydata /var/lib/mysql/citydata
/usr/bin/mysqld_safe &
echo "Done with setup"
MadWebGuru
Bruce
-
Hmm that's not exactly what I meant.
Perhaps I should try to post it on the HDD install. Because I've knoppix installed on my HDD.
thxs anyway
-
I just copied the actual files over from a different box.
Using the script I provided, you could create a empty folder that is linked into the /var/lib/mysql and then use phpMyAdmin to import a exported dump. The dump should contain the sql needed to define the tables for your database.
MadWebGuru
Bruce
-
Re: [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql

Originally Posted by
Coume
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to export my actual DB from my website that I manage with PHPmyadmin to copy it into my /var/lib/mysql
According to www.phpmyadmin.net you can make a backup. Now the problem can be how to ftp those backups over, but that depends on the setup on your remote host.
[Edit]
According to their faq you can transfer the backup directly to your machine
[/Edit]
- - Edwin
-
hi,
Ok I'll try to have a deeper look into myphpadmin and see if my host allow to export the data too...
thxs
Ludo
Similar Threads
-
By mzee in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 17
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
-
By sbb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 05:14 AM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By Coume in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 07:00 AM
-
By Terry@nz in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY
$600.00

SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2133P 288-Pin DIMM HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF
$65.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

M386A8K40CM2-CVF Samsung 64GB PC4-23400 DDR4-2933MHz ECC 4Rx4 1.2V Memory
$519.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39