-
Pbm knx3.2 2003/07/26 with sound
Bonjour !
I've just tried the version of 2003/07/26 yesterday on a machine which works very fine with version 3.1 to 3.2 2003/06/06
But I can't have sound with 3.2 version of 2003/07/26
Here I post dmesg:
Intel 810 + AC97 Audio, version 0.24, 00:19:24 Jul 25 2003
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:02.7
i810: SiS 7012 found at IO 0xd800 and 0xdc00, MEM 0x0000 and 0x0000, IRQ 11
i810_audio: Audio Controller supports 2 channels.
i810_audio: Defaulting to base 2 channel mode.
i810_audio: Resetting connection 0
ac97_codec: AC97 codec, id: CMI65 (CMedia)
AC97 codec does not have proper volume support.
i810_audio: only 48Khz playback available.
i810_audio: AC'97 codec 0 Unable to map surround DAC's (or DAC's not present), total channels = 2
I try to higher the master volume with kmix, change the output of the soundcard
I Try with alsa...
Motherboard: elite k7s5a with lan & audio integrated on it
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Pbm knx3.2 2003/07/26 with sound
(sigh) This appears to be a kernel 2.4.21 problem. Some subgenius working in kernel development broke the sound for this chipset. I had the same problem (indeed, probably the same SiS chipset that you do) and just switched back to 2.4.20.
--It's a real puzzler, because ALSA won't work either. But when using 2.4.20 and earlier, both kernel and ALSA work using the Trident driver.
--Hopefully this will get fixed in the next kernel rev.

Originally Posted by
JoDaY
Bonjour !
I've just tried the version of 2003/07/26 yesterday on a machine which works very fine with version 3.1 to 3.2 2003/06/06
But I can't have sound with 3.2 version of 2003/07/26
Here I post dmesg:
Intel 810 + AC97 Audio, version 0.24, 00:19:24 Jul 25 2003
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:02.7
i810: SiS 7012 found at IO 0xd800 and 0xdc00, MEM 0x0000 and 0x0000, IRQ 11
i810_audio: Audio Controller supports 2 channels.
i810_audio: Defaulting to base 2 channel mode.
i810_audio: Resetting connection 0
ac97_codec: AC97 codec, id: CMI65 (CMedia)
AC97 codec does not have proper volume support.
i810_audio: only 48Khz playback available.
i810_audio: AC'97 codec 0 Unable to map surround DAC's (or DAC's not present), total channels = 2
I try to higher the master volume with kmix, change the output of the soundcard
I Try with alsa...
Motherboard: elite k7s5a with lan & audio integrated on it
-
Re !
Thanks for your response !
I'll keep my "old" 3.2 version
-
AC97 codec does not have proper volume support.
install the lasted alan cox kernel patch
Similar Threads
-
By vip in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 05:33 AM
-
By GaTk in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-09-2004, 07:54 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 04:01 PM
-
By etapombas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 06:13 AM
-
By KPFOX1 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Corel Draw 7 Vintage 1996 Windows 95 Computer Font Clip Art Rare 3 Book Manual
$199.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

5x Vintage Intel D8212 S1002 IC Chips 1975 Hong Kong P0153 P0982
$99.99

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface
$74.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$139.98