Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix User

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16

    Knoppix User

    Hello,

    I used Knoppix v3.2 on my machine and I want to configure it to be multi user.
    I mean before the machine enter xsession, it ask user to used with.
    What configuration that I should make ?

    Does any one help me ?

    Sorry, I do not know where I should place my question because there are no topic group that related with my question.

    Thanks
    Susanto W

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Knoppix User

    Quote Originally Posted by koselan
    Hello,

    I used Knoppix v3.2 on my machine and I want to configure it to be multi user.
    I mean before the machine enter xsession, it ask user to used with.
    What configuration that I should make ?

    Does any one help me ?

    Sorry, I do not know where I should place my question because there are no topic group that related with my question.

    Thanks
    Susanto W
    I have moved your post to the General Support forum. If I understand your question correctly you want to have an additional user to login in addition to the Knoppix and Root users at the login screen. At the login screen choose the Menu option and then console login, type in root and enter then your root password enter again. The command to add a user would be adduser user_name Then you would type in the user_name and the display name and your password twice for confirmation you can leave the other questions it will ask you blank (just hit the enter key). After you have done this you would type logout and enter to logout of the console you would then wait about 15-20 seconds and the X server will re-start and you will be back at the graphical login with the new user as a login option.

    When you login as the new user for the first time in KDE you will have to go through the configuration screens the first of which will be in German. You would choose from the menu selector that is there I think it is Amerika Nord then the US flag to get English screens from then on. The keyboard will also be a German layout once you finish the confogurations screens you either click on the flag on the taskbar on the right of the screen and choose the US flag for that layout or start from the K menu then Settings -> Control Center -> Regional & Acessibility -> Keyboard Layout to make permenant changes.

    [edit]
    The second paragraph assumes you want the US English and Keyboard layout if you want another language and keyboard layout you would choose them instead.
    [/edit]

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16
    Thanks for your answer.

    My problem is not how to add a new user but how to make a window for user selection appear when Knoppix v3.2 start.

    Because, after a machine restart, the machine automatically enter to knoppix user.
    For your information I have made a new user, for example koselan but I can not use it.

    Susanto W

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by koselan
    Because, after a machine restart, the machine automatically enter to knoppix user.
    For your information I have made a new user, for example koselan but I can not use it.

    Susanto W
    Sounds like you or knoppix itself has configured auto-login. Go to the Control Center -> System Administration -> Login Manager then enter Administrator mode type in your root password and on the convienience tab unselect the automatic login. That should get you back to having the KDE login manager start instead of booting directly to the knoppix user.

Similar Threads

  1. Windows user now... Linux user tommorow?
    By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
  2. Make new user with same configs as current user?
    By SunnyB in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
  3. Added Another User but New user Cannot WebBrowse
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 05:47 AM
  4. How to set new user to be like default Knoppix user?
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
  5. Knoppix User password for "Knoppix" user
    By CyberBug84 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested  picture

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested

$74.99



Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000 picture

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000

$324.99



Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working picture

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working

$599.00



A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit picture

A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit

$40.00



Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers picture

Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers

$1352.99



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Commodore Amiga 500 PCB Motherboard Replacement Board for Retro Homebrew Build picture

Commodore Amiga 500 PCB Motherboard Replacement Board for Retro Homebrew Build

$49.99