--Yep, that's right - as long as the processor is decent enough to handle the decompression. (Pentium ~500MHz+? I've run knoppix from CD on a P233MMX and it's Ok but not the best obviously.) It's because the CD drive has less data to move in the same amount of time.

--For your usage, you might want to see if the cloop settings can be changed; right now Knoppix is set to gzip -9 everything when Klaus masters an iso, resulting in the highest compression/processor demands. If you use gzip -6 with your cloop it should speed things up a bit more because you don't have the space requirements for a full release. You could probably even get away with gzip -1, and boast to your friends that your remaster is faster.

Quote Originally Posted by hoshy
Why you don't want non-compressed fs on CD, even your size doesn't exceed it, speed! It is much slower.
Do I get it right? a compressed fs is faster than an uncompressed? I cant believe this.