check out
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SCOX&d=...y&l=on&z=m&q=l
and you will see why...
I think the correct term is 'Stock Scam' but I'll be glad to be corrected.
- - Edwin
It's for real...check out Yahoo!
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030805/latu094_1.html
check out
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SCOX&d=...y&l=on&z=m&q=l
and you will see why...
I think the correct term is 'Stock Scam' but I'll be glad to be corrected.
- - Edwin
I'll counter with Redhat sues SCO and just for good measure SCOvsIBM it may take a few days to read this one though and The Linux Show with a whole pile of show links on the scumbags at SCO and one more.
well.............just to be on the safe side I bought 3 licenses from SCO. :P
Call me a conspiracy nut if you will, but considering that M$ bought a Unix license they didn't need from SCO for $15 million, and the prices SCO is saying they're going to charge on Linux I can't help but think they're trying to destroy Linux and then sell SCO to M$.
I am with you. I have never seen such stupid act, it is way too obvious that the 15M is just a funding for SCO to continue the FUD. Microsoft's NT(and W2K/XP etc.) are developed from scratch, at least that is what they claim so why the license and paying out so damn quick ?Originally Posted by three eyes open
SCO is equally ridiculous. If what they claim worth 695 per seat, linux would be the most expensive piece of software in history, consider what the rest of linux copyright owner can ask for.
Beside, they haven't even made one formal IP(patent/copyright) claim on anything used in linux and is asking the end user to pay ? Using that logic, anyone can ask me to pay for the TV I am watching as they can boldly claim that some of the chips used inside may infringe their rights. Same applies for my fridge, car or even newspaper. How would I know if one of the article published is copied from some where else by the publisher ?
Is this US law ? My limited knowledge about copyright law is that after they have proved the claim, I can stop using the infringed portion and I am free as an end user.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60