Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: modem busy error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7

    modem busy error

    I made a hdd install of knoppix(just copied it to my hd and use a boot floppy).

    When i go to kppp and choose my modem as ttyS3 and click on query modem it says modem busy.(i also tried ttyS2)

    Please help.

    I have an internal modem and is on com3 my mouse is on com1 and was detected by knoppix to be on ttyS0.

    Please help me.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Zealand!!
    Posts
    2
    that happens to me too! (sorry if you were expecting help...)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5
    I have the same problem. I am told it is because I have a winmodem. Its a lucent modem, forget the exact type right now. you need the drivers for it if someone has made them, I found some on Google for mine, but it needed to be made. I ran
    Code:
    make
    , and all went ok, then read further into the readme and found I needed to run
    Code:
    make install
    . I did, and it ran fine 'till it got to the install part, then said //sbin was read only. How do I fix this? I tried
    Code:
    chmod and chown
    but neither worked... help!

    Thanx

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1
    hi,

    I have same problem with my usrobotics modem.when I control it says it is a win modem.I use knoppix 3.2.and I think it uses core 2.4 an should recognice winmodems.isnt it.

    when I configure my modem ang check it it says " modem is busy"

    why.

    please help.

    Mert.

  5. #5
    I have that same problem. I tried everything I could think of, but then this is the first time I've operated Linux.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to open modem /modem busy
    By jodef in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 08:21 AM
  2. modem is busy when quering the modem
    By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 07:21 PM
  3. Modem Is Busy error Message in k. verson 2.6
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:12 PM
  4. Modem busy after reboot
    By Sachiel in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 10:11 PM
  5. modem says its busy
    By kchard in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 12:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$166.24



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$165.58