Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: shutdown: not mounted illegal seek

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1

    shutdown: not mounted illegal seek

    Hallo,

    I have installed Knoppix 3.1 with knx-hdinstall on harddisk.

    /usr /var /home are copied an separate partititions. The original folder are only mount points.

    I have edit /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab is linked to /proc/mounts.

    On shutdown I recieve the message:

    Unmounting local filesystem ... umount2: device or resource busy
    Unmount /dev/hda8 not mounted
    mount /usr: illegal seek

    /usr is located on hda8.

    To lacate the problem I have in /etc/init.d/umountfs
    before unmount add the line:

    lsof +D /usr

    lsof print out:

    init 1 root mem REG 3,8 755 53406 /usr/share/zoneinfo/CET

    Why is the file alredy locked? Is the file really used by init. How can the file release?

    I found another posting with the same issue, but no answer.

    The problem is while booting fsck is forced, because the computer ist not cleanly shutt down.

    Best regards

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    9

    Same problem here.

    Sorry I can't help--I have the exact same problem. I also made a multi-partition installation by manually moving the filesystems while rebooted from the CD.

    I'd be interested to know if the new multi-partition install script avoids this.

    The other reference I found to this problem is here (in german, with Knoppix 3.1).

Similar Threads

  1. seek Swedish soccer cheers
    By tbg in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 02:39 AM
  2. Shutdown: /usr not mounted, illegal seek
    By jtelep in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 12:30 AM
  3. Need help - CDROM can't be mounted
    By Nils_ in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 12:36 AM
  4. CD Unit not available; cannot be mounted
    By arthur in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 01:54 PM
  5. Problems with x - Boot-shutdown... Boot-shutdown...Boot-shut
    By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105 picture

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105

$19.95