just change the linuxrc in the initrd to suit your needs in whatever you like.
I have a win2k box that I'd love to have knoppix run in poor mans install mode from the hard drive on. (The only cdrom is a burner that I'd like access to under knoppix).
The problem is that the home directory is locked down. IE I cannot create new directories in it. Is there any way to boot (floppy or otherwise) that will
allow me to specify an alternate location for the /mnt/hda1/knoppix/knoppix file for the loopback filesystem.
Either /mnt/hda1/knoppix (ie no subdirectory) or /mnt/hda1/temp/knoppix (alternate directory) would work, but I can't figure out how to specify for it to look in any location other than a KNOPPIX directory.
Thanks for the help. (Knoppix rules... I have given away more disks now than I care to count.)
just change the linuxrc in the initrd to suit your needs in whatever you like.
Originally Posted by garyng
Thanks very much.. This was exactly the info I needed!!

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
PNY Optima SSD Series 240GB SATA III 6 Gb/s Solid State Drive
$39.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$56.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00