Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Knoppix & Knode

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8

    Knoppix & Knode

    Does anybody know if it's possible to use KNode (Newsreader) with Knoppix? I tried to install it in several ways, but it always fails due to broken packages and I wasn't able to install these packages too. Any idea how to do?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I assume you are installing onto a knoppix hd install. If using apt-get install knode doesnt work, try this apt-get install knode/unstable. If that doesn't work, try this apt-get -t unstable install knode. Hopefully one of those should work our your dependency problems.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8
    Well, it seems to work using apt-get -t unstable. However, APT wants to remove some packages now:
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    kdelibs4-dev libarts1-dev libartsc0-dev libpng12-0-dev libqt3-mt-dev
    Are these packages important or should I continue anyway?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Ok, I wouldn't do that then. I don't normally go ahead with the -t unstable option if it is going to remove stuff. In general you can use this option and you won't run into this problem, but not in this case obviously.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8
    Hmm, looks like I've to give Mozilla a try. But thanks for your help, anyway!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8
    Update: It works. I had to compile it by myself, but the most complicated part was to find a source package.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    Tell us where you got the sources to compile

    >Update: It works. I had to compile it by myself, but the most complicated part was to find a source >package.

    Tell us where you got the sources to compile. If it was hard to find throw us a bone!
    ErikK

Similar Threads

  1. More of my woes with installing Knode
    By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:46 AM
  2. I goofed installing Knode!
    By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 03:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested picture

Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested

$670.00



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$329.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95