You should get icons representing the hdd's on your desktop. By clicking the icon you mount the drive. Then, right click the same icon and hit "Change read/write mode" That should do it.
Good Morning,
I had a look through the forum and couldn't find a solution to my problem.
I have a Linux (Mitel E-smith Server) server and it won't boot anymore, It contains all my data (outlook, Database, Brochures etc..) and I trying to retrieve the data.
This is what I have done so far..
I hooked up the 80 gig drive with all my data to a spare box as well as a empty drive which I have mounted and removed the tick for the ready only on the blank drive.
I booted Knoppix and can access / see both drives and the data but Knoppix will not allow me to change the permissions on my e-smith - linux hard drive. Can anyone help please.
Thanks
Mizou
You should get icons representing the hdd's on your desktop. By clicking the icon you mount the drive. Then, right click the same icon and hit "Change read/write mode" That should do it.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99