just change the linuxrc in the initrd to suit your needs in whatever you like.
I have a win2k box that I'd love to have knoppix run in poor mans install mode from the hard drive on. (The only cdrom is a burner that I'd like access to under knoppix).
The problem is that the home directory is locked down. IE I cannot create new directories in it. Is there any way to boot (floppy or otherwise) that will
allow me to specify an alternate location for the /mnt/hda1/knoppix/knoppix file for the loopback filesystem.
Either /mnt/hda1/knoppix (ie no subdirectory) or /mnt/hda1/temp/knoppix (alternate directory) would work, but I can't figure out how to specify for it to look in any location other than a KNOPPIX directory.
Thanks for the help. (Knoppix rules... I have given away more disks now than I care to count.)
just change the linuxrc in the initrd to suit your needs in whatever you like.
Originally Posted by garyng
Thanks very much.. This was exactly the info I needed!!

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00