Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: hanging with 2 aic7xxx scsi cards

  1. #1
    joe
    Guest

    hanging with 2 aic7xxx scsi cards

    I'm trying to boot the 01-20-2003 iso. When it gets to the point:
    Probing SCSI... aic7xxx.o
    it hangs. I've tried both expert and failsafe without success.

    I have 2 aic7xxx scsi cards in the box.

    Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Joe

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida, US
    Posts
    41
    Try the noscsi cheat code (F2 at boot up) and see if Knoppix can boot then.

    Also have to tried have both cards in with other distros?

    I thought scsi you could chain drives, so why two cards?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    My Dell PE6100 has 2 78xx cards in it (one is disabled) and it runs knoppix fine. I'll enable the other one and see what it does. (May take a few days for me to report back)

  4. #4
    joe
    Guest

    hanging with 2 aic7xxx scsi cards

    Try the noscsi cheat code (F2 at boot up) and see if Knoppix can boot then.
    Can't do that. This is a pure SCSI system. The cdrom is SCSI, as well as the hard drive...

    Also have to tried have both cards in with other distros?
    Currently it's running redhat 6.1 and works fine, but I want to see if a firewire card I bought will be recognized with a recent kernel before bothering with an upgrade.

    I thought scsi you could chain drives, so why two cards?
    You can, but I have 3 SCSI devices:
    Wide CDROM (internal)
    Ultra Wide Hard Drive (internal)
    Wide Tape Drive (external)

    Because the tape drive is external, I can't use both the internal and external Wide interface. It's only one or the other.

    I have removed the scsi card for the tape drive and it boots fine, but I'd rather not have to do that.

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks,
    Joe[/quote]

Similar Threads

  1. Probing SCSI...aic7xxx.0
    By Filip Rosco in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 04:43 PM
  2. SB Audigy cards & ATI Radeon ALL-IN-WONDER 7500 Cards
    By ShavedHawk in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 04:13 AM
  3. Hanging when loading aic7xxx.o
    By Shoaib in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 05:56 AM
  4. System hangs with aic7xxx.o --> boot noscsi --> no Eth
    By danielgarcia in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:28 AM
  5. Knoppix hangs at startup with SCSI detection(aic7xxx module)
    By sjoerd in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 09:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Toshiba 1TB 2.5

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive

$51.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5

Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5" 12Gb/s 128MB 7.2K RPM SAS HDD P/N: 1V4204-002

$24.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00