Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: AirSnort and Orinoco

  1. #1
    Adam P
    Guest

    AirSnort and Orinoco

    I use knoppix on my Laptop and a Avaya (Orinoco Gold) Card. I get internet just fine and the "WaveMon" utility works good too, but when I go to AirSnort I can't seem to get it to start scanning Wireless Networks. Do the Drivers need to be patched so they can "monitor"? How Can I do This?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: AirSnort and Orinoco

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam P
    I use knoppix on my Laptop and a Avaya (Orinoco Gold) Card. I get internet just fine and the "WaveMon" utility works good too, but when I go to AirSnort I can't seem to get it to start scanning Wireless Networks. Do the Drivers need to be patched so they can "monitor"? How Can I do This?
    Get your head out of your ass and mind your own damn business. AirSnort is for criminals.

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: AirSnort and Orinoco

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam P
    I use knoppix on my Laptop and a Avaya (Orinoco Gold) Card. I get internet just fine and the "WaveMon" utility works good too, but when I go to AirSnort I can't seem to get it to start scanning Wireless Networks. Do the Drivers need to be patched so they can "monitor"? How Can I do This?
    Get your head out of your ass and mind your own damn business. AirSnort is for criminals.
    I am not asking your opinion on what you think of it, I am asking what else I need to do to make it work. Anyway, i think i can TEST SECURITY to my own WIRELESS network.... RAIGHT ASSHOLE!? Anyway, why else would i need it for, dumbasses like you keep them open anyway...

  4. #4
    Guest
    airsnort is not illegal regardless of what you're using it for, in the us wifi theft is completely legal in 49 out of fifty states, watch your ass if you're in pennsylavania, but otherwise you're cool.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    Try setting Network Device to Any and Card type to Other.

  6. #6
    Adam P
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaki
    Try setting Network Device to Any and Card type to Other.
    Still nothing, It just will not go in to monitor mode. I believe some patching needs to be done to the drivers, but not sure how to do this.

    For the Asshole:
    If Airsnort is included in the Knoppix CD, then Im sure I can ask about it in this fourum.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    85
    I have the same issue with my orinoco gold... and to the asshat... He didn't ask your opinion on the package, he asked a technical question about a package included in Knoppix. I want to use it to monitor my wireless network and make sure that the access points don't overshoot the range I need them for. It always helps to do a scan of the property if you install wifi equipment in a business. It can help you see just how far outside of the walls of the business these signals stretch.
    And I do feel that the above poster is correct, that if the package is included in the distro, then I believe this would be the place to ask.

    Just my 2 cents...

Similar Threads

  1. Airsnort adapter problem
    By dc in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 01:25 AM
  2. How to use airsnort???
    By Kumagoro in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 05:27 PM
  3. Airsnort - Kismet - Orinoco Classic Gold - WEP
    By Kumagoro in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 08:10 PM
  4. Knoppix STD and Airsnort
    By fblz_no_limit in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 03:54 PM
  5. knoppix 3.2 + airsnort won't work :(
    By diablo266 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$739.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH picture

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH

$59.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99