Very nice. I have added your remaster to the Customizations page. Anyone can edit this page (just hit edit at the bottom), so if you want to change/update things feel free.
It is what started out as Model-K at 35MB and I updated it along with adding a large amount of security related tools (tethereal, ettercap, hping2, snort, aide, etc.) It also has apache now weighing in at a slight 91MB. There is the dpkg -l output on the site to show most of the packages. Of course there is no X servers etc. I am shooting for the 185MB mark to fit on a MiniCD. So I have been testing a version with FluxBox and one with XFCE (far from ready for primetime). You can download what I have now on the site.
By this weekend I will be posting three more versions all free of fat and X.
-49MB Penetration Testing / Forensic
-49MB Firewall / IDS
-?MB Server version (which will be an updated Model-K with apache, mySQL, PHP4, Shorewall, Snort, Postfix, etc.) It will be small and a good base to remaster from.
http://localareasecurity.com
-J-
![]()
Very nice. I have added your remaster to the Customizations page. Anyone can edit this page (just hit edit at the bottom), so if you want to change/update things feel free.
Now have L.A.S. SECSERV available for download. It weighs in at 54MB and is a complete server: apache, sshd, mySQL, snort-mySQL, shorewall, ftpd, and more! apache defaults to /mnt/floppy/www in httpd.conf
Also was sure to add mkisofs and cdrecord for remastering. . .
http://localareasecurity.com for a complete dpkg -l
-J-
I will have 0.4a ready by tomorrow evening. Added fluxbox and a slew of more tools. Still only 104MB as of now!![]()
Have been compiling software as fast as I can still plenty of room to spare. Of course you won't see kDE, OpenOffice, or The Gimp either. . .
-J-

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$345.97
New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed
$466.65
New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch
$164.98
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T
$249.99