-
Apologies to anyone who read this in the last hour or so. I had been using my HD installation, which has a recompiled kernel and sound, but I just rebooted from the 3.2 CD again to check the facts.
The boot process/loaded modules are exactly as zyx4321 describes. But then I open alsamixer and see the PCM and Centre channels unmuted and turned up. I change this from Centre to Surround and <ESC> to quit alsamixer. Then I have sound e.g. I can mount my HD and play an mp3 file using mpg123. Quality seems OK, but volume is not real powerful. Need mixer channels turned up to 75% or so to get good volume in headphones.
M/B: Asus P4P800-VM
Sound chip: AD1980 (AC97)
Sorry zyx4321 - if that doesn't work I am out of ideas. Note there is a lengthy thread on AC97 sound elsewhere in this forum.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2831
You can also Google on your sound chip type. Note AD=Analog Devices, which may get more hits.
Later:It looks like the AD1980/1985 devices have recently made it into the ALSA soundcard matrix http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/. Following the links there gives more information.
Similar Threads
-
By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
-
By bcdefg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 12:44 AM
-
By rodrigoamarante in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-30-2003, 06:15 PM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 12:41 AM
-
By donkthemagicllama in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC
$300.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$160.00

Gigastone Game Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin DIMM
$100.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

ddr4 ram 32gb 3200mhz desktop
$130.00

(24) SK Hynix - HMT84GL7AMR4C-RD - 32GB 4Rx4 PC3-14900L - Server RAM
$490.00

Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s
$1199.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00