-
Junior Member
registered user
To chroot or not to chroot
I messed up /etc/x11/xfconfig-4 on hdd2.
I need to boot the cd, open /etc/x11/xf86Config-4 (on hdd2)edit, and save the changes. When I do, Kwrite won't allow the write. A chroot /mnt/hdd2 returns numerous Permission denied.
I can boot fom the hard drive, log in as root (no GUI) , but can't seem to find x11 in the etc directory, even though when booting from cd , the directory and everything is there when I click on the /mnt/hdd2 icon.
I know this is simple...
Similar Threads
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 02:09 AM
-
By Gandalf_Grey_ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:53 AM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By rdmelin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:27 PM
-
By mmaki in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

SK hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-2666V SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM Module
$69.99

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$280.00