-
Help Needed .. in a bad way ...
Guys and Gals
I've got a bit of a problem my Windows XP laptop has died - I've burnt a cd with Knoppix on it - and it boots fine. My Linux abilities are a bit rusty and well thin on the ground - I need to transfer files off the HD so I need to get SSH working so I can connect to the laptop from another windows machine.
Each time I run SSHD I get could not load host key..
Can anyone shed some light how to get this up and running
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
Junior
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Same error messages even after I did
ssh-keygen -t rsa1 -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key -N "passphrase"
ssh-keygen -t dsa -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key -N "passphrase"
ssh-keygen -t rsa -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key -N "passphrase"
-
Re: Help Needed .. in a bad way ...

Originally Posted by
junior
Guys and Gals
I've got a bit of a problem my Windows XP laptop has died - I've burnt a cd with Knoppix on it - and it boots fine. My Linux abilities are a bit rusty and well thin on the ground - I need to transfer files off the HD so I need to get SSH working so I can connect to the laptop from another windows machine.
Junior
If your goal is to get the files off to another windows machine, I'd recommend the easy approach. Start the ftp daemon on the Knoppix side, then use a windows ftp client on the good side. Not quite as secure, but much less pain than ssh for a temporary fix.
-
What I've done is downloaded an FTP server on a.n. other windows box and I'm ftp'ng off now ..
-
Senior Member
registered user
--Actually, did you try ' /etc/init.d/ssh start ' as root?

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus
sudo sshd
Similar Threads
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By miguipda in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 02:07 AM
-
By ryansanders2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 37
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2003, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

36TB G-RAID 2, Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, HDMI port 7200RPM 2xUltrastar drives inside
$1200.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00