sudo sshd
Guys and Gals
I've got a bit of a problem my Windows XP laptop has died - I've burnt a cd with Knoppix on it - and it boots fine. My Linux abilities are a bit rusty and well thin on the ground - I need to transfer files off the HD so I need to get SSH working so I can connect to the laptop from another windows machine.
Each time I run SSHD I get could not load host key..
Can anyone shed some light how to get this up and running
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
Junior
sudo sshd
Same error messages even after I did
ssh-keygen -t rsa1 -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key -N "passphrase"
ssh-keygen -t dsa -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key -N "passphrase"
ssh-keygen -t rsa -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key -N "passphrase"
If your goal is to get the files off to another windows machine, I'd recommend the easy approach. Start the ftp daemon on the Knoppix side, then use a windows ftp client on the good side. Not quite as secure, but much less pain than ssh for a temporary fix.Originally Posted by junior
What I've done is downloaded an FTP server on a.n. other windows box and I'm ftp'ng off now ..
--Actually, did you try ' /etc/init.d/ssh start ' as root?
Originally Posted by rickenbacherus

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
*Lot of 20* Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Modules
$89.99
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00
Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module
$105.00