sudo sshd
Guys and Gals
I've got a bit of a problem my Windows XP laptop has died - I've burnt a cd with Knoppix on it - and it boots fine. My Linux abilities are a bit rusty and well thin on the ground - I need to transfer files off the HD so I need to get SSH working so I can connect to the laptop from another windows machine.
Each time I run SSHD I get could not load host key..
Can anyone shed some light how to get this up and running
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
Junior
sudo sshd
Same error messages even after I did
ssh-keygen -t rsa1 -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key -N "passphrase"
ssh-keygen -t dsa -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key -N "passphrase"
ssh-keygen -t rsa -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key -N "passphrase"
If your goal is to get the files off to another windows machine, I'd recommend the easy approach. Start the ftp daemon on the Knoppix side, then use a windows ftp client on the good side. Not quite as secure, but much less pain than ssh for a temporary fix.Originally Posted by junior
What I've done is downloaded an FTP server on a.n. other windows box and I'm ftp'ng off now ..
--Actually, did you try ' /etc/init.d/ssh start ' as root?
Originally Posted by rickenbacherus

Various vintage computer disks.
$50.00
Vintage Gazelle Systems OP-Tune 1.3 Box Complete CIB Dual Floppy 3.5 5.25 DOS
$54.99
VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD
$34.99
Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer
$200.00
HP Hewlett Packard Deskjet 310 With Accessories Vintage EXCELLENT Condition
$164.99
Vintage JME JKB-6151B Click Mechanical Wired Computer Keyboard - PS2 - Tilt Feet
$190.00
Vintage IBM PN 1394167 October 1996 Mechanical Keyboard Computer Sept/ 1994
$54.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$86.99