Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Modules.conf more recent the modules.dep

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92

    Modules.conf more recent the modules.dep

    Hi.

    I recently remastered, and the only thing I did was 'apt-get upgrade'

    Now, when I boot my version of knoppix, I get a bunch of "/etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/modules.dep" errors.

    I tried to touch /etc/modules /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/modules.dep, but after recompressing everything, I get the same errors.

    Anyone know what I need to do to fix this???

    - Ambrose

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lindenhurst, NY
    Posts
    14
    Ambrose,

    This happened to me. I don't know if it has anything to do with where you remaster, but I remastered on my Gentoo desktop, where I have a 2.4.21 kernel, so I had a couple of problems with depmod, etc. I don't know if that would have made much of a difference if you had remastered under Knoppix, though.

    Try out this script though. It should fix up the problems. I'd recommend running under Knoppix, just in case.

    http://files.akl.lt/knoppix/sources/Knoppix.clean

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92
    Hrm, script looks good..

    I've been doing most of that by hand, but that has brought up some good things to remember.

    -Ambrose

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I couldn't get that script to run, but I looked at it and went line by line doing the things I thought I needed. : is not a valid interpreter is the error I got

    This fixed the problem I had (same as in the original post) and reduced my iso size a little.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
    By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
  2. update modules.conf after compile kernel
    By giosoftware in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 01:54 PM
  3. modules.conf can't save
    By jojo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 11:33 PM
  4. After Install: How do I preserve my /etc/modules.conf?
    By shin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 04:58 AM
  5. modules.conf, what it is for ?
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 11:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121 picture

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121

$69.99



Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2 picture

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2

$135.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73