I have a same problem in my computer Acer Aspire 1601LC.
If I find a solution. I tell you.
see you soon!
i have no idea what this could be for. it hangs as soon as the svga boot screen comes up, saying " unkown bus type 2 ". i googled and couldn't find one reference to this bus situation, so maybe nobody here knows about it. but if someone does, i'd appreciate the help.
my specs
sony vaio notebook grt
1.8 celeron
512 ram, 40 gig hdd
dvd+-rw (dwu50a)
sis 900 ethernet, and lan-expres 802.11b interface
3 usb 2.0, and 1 1394
conexant modem, and a c-major audio chipset
anyone know whats going on? incidentally, any rh and slack 9.0 hang at boot when they try to enable a pci device ( pci: enabling device 00:03.3 ) could that be the same problem with knoppix? and how do i find out what that device is, and stop init of it.
i am running xp and slack 8 in the meantime
thanks
I have a same problem in my computer Acer Aspire 1601LC.
If I find a solution. I tell you.
see you soon!
use the boot parameters 'knoppix noapic' then it should work.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00