Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Creating a Bootable Cd

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5

    Creating a Bootable Cd

    I have the .iso file sitting opn my desktop. I have nero and I can't firgure out the correct way to do this. I get a box saying that 2048 is to small a data format. So I ignored it, but nothing happened when I boot. Could someone please give me intructions on making this cd, thank you. This is my first time trying linux....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    The iso is already bootable and just need to be burned.I dont use windows but I searched "nero" on this site and it looks like the second post here : http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2090#9735 may help.

    If you have winxp I have heard that the "isorecorder" is very easy.You can download that from the web (use google to find) then just click and burn the iso.

    I burn mine under linux with the following command :
    #cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=12 my.iso

    Man its so easy with tux

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5
    thanks that worked, I used the iso powertool from the link u gave me.
    however, i boot now and after the tux comes up and it runs command lines, i get a kernel error

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    The only other thing I can think of is to check that you're using an 80min/700Mb CD-R.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    Humm....always something

    try and check the md5sum of the iso you downloaded.From windows you will need to use something like this http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/md5sums/

    also use the knoppix testcd cheatcode to be sure your burn is ok.What speed did you burn at?It is best not to go over about 12x burn speed for an os.

Similar Threads

  1. creating the bootable cd
    By neil c in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
  2. Help with bootable cd!
    By widget in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
  3. I need help creating a custom bootable CD,auto install to HD
    By cobra133 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:34 AM
  4. Bootable UDF CD-RW possible?
    By infoMafia in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:00 PM
  5. for those without bootable cd
    By in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-23-2002, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$219.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99