-
LinNeighborhood
Hello everybody! I just installed Knoppix and i was trying to see the Windows Network of my office, but it is not possible to see the workgroup with LinNeighborhood as it was said in the FAQ. Do I have to set something? Is there another way to browse my LAN?
The network card is configured and working... Any help?
Thanks everybody
Ren
-
On my local network I was only to see the pc's and shared folder after entering the name of ip-address of the pc I wanted to investigate.
From the main screen, choose Add. After entering an ip-address and klicking Query, you will see the domain and name of the computer you are looking for. If not, you may not have a proper connection to the network. If ok, the computername will appear in the list. And then you need to scan the machine for shared folders (use mouse-right) and choose Scan as user. Use the correct name and password for that computer and voila!
This worked perfectly, although also not with all my computers.
Regards,
Stefan
-
Junior Member
registered user
that works but...
putting in computer names and IP addresses works ok but I think the whole point of linneighborhood is that you can browse around. Once I realized it didn't work, I switched to konquorer for browsing the network, if you allread know the name you can enter smb://comptoconnectto or you can enter smb://workgrouptobrowse and it works pretty well. Plus you don't have to mount the remote drives to access them (you can if you want though)
btw, how can I make the smb:// lines not come up as links on this bb?
-Kaplanfx
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: that works but...

Originally Posted by
kaplanfx
btw, how can I make the smb:// lines not come up as links on this bb?
-Kaplanfx
smb: //sometext - put a space in and it will not think it is a URL.
Similar Threads
-
By dmpop in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 01:18 PM
-
By bitey in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 05:37 PM
-
By koszopal in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99