Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: does selflinux come with an english version?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3

    does selflinux come with an english version?

    does selflinux come with an english version? thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    I dont think it does but you can read it online and it will stay translated if you use google.I found it here

    http://translate.google.com/translat...UTF-8%26sa%3DG

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech2k
    I dont think it does but you can read it online and it will stay translated if you use google.I found it here
    As all machine-translated texts it is also very hilarious. I specially liked this one:
    Original: 'Autor: Matthias Kleine'
    Translation: 'Author: Matthias's small one'

    Nice to give a child credit :-) Or does google mean that Matthias should pay more attention to certain spam-mails ;-))

    But seriously, for a tutorial I don't think a machine-translated text works very well. Between bursts of laughter I noticed that the subjects covered here are also covered in 'The Linux Cookbook' by Michael Stutz. http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#linuxcookbook

    Regards,

    - - Edwin

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Rute tutorial and if you have installed to the HD then apt-get install rutebook and then it is available in /usr/share/docs.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Stephen, that's really nice. I didn't know rute was available this way. thanks.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Edwin,

    apparently linuxcookbook is also available this way.

    apt-get install linuxcookbook

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    I can post links to other books as well like the ones here :
    http://www.tcfb.com/freetechbooks/

    But he asked for a certian title so I tried to help.

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Posts
    76
    Tech2k,

    My post was not meant as criticism on your help; I you read is as such I apologize. I was trying to build up on your foundation, and others builded on top of that. In your last post you added another layer. That is what makes Open Source so powerfull.

    And yes, machine translations bring out the worst in me and then I have trouble keeping my big mouth shut.

    Regards,

    - - Edwin

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Thanks for the booklinks: I've just noticed Grokking the Gimp has appeared as a deb too: dunno the apt-get line for it, but it's there in synaptic.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    Edwin said :
    "I was trying to build up on your foundation, and others builded on top of that. In your last post you added another layer. That is what makes Open Source so powerfull"

    It's all good my friend and you are exactly right (sorry I am in a strange mood today).Anyways..he is getting some good links to some books

    Tux Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. English knoppix version
    By Werie in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 09:56 PM
  2. Is there a default english version of 3.4
    By papasi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 03:38 AM
  3. Linix not in english (i get rong version)
    By boo-ya in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 09:11 PM
  4. How to remove the selflinux icon on desktop?
    By bongski55 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 03:42 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$149.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF  CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem

$395.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99