-
Not all Desktop settings being saved
I have been enjoying Knoppix for the last week, but have one little detail left to solve. I have some of my own shortcuts on the Desktop, which work okay, and one folder/directory. It is the directory, that when I login, moves out of place in the vertical line on the left of my Desktop, and places itself next to the Trash icon. The Trash icon is pushed aside, so that they are together centered in the vertical column. I am not sure if it is the difference between an actual directory and a normal shortcut that is causing this, or what. It is a nuisance though.
Love the forum, it's helped me solve all of my other issues except this. Thanks, Paul
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings pwoods
Welcome to KNOPPIX.
Here is someone else with messy desktop icons
trying to get near the "Papierkorb" trash.
Is the computer trying to tell you something?
Sorry, I am always making people put up with my humor.
http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1060007265
Do you run 1) boot from CD 2) home on usb stick 3) home on
hard drive 4) boot from KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX image on hard
drive 5) Knoppix installed on hard drive 6) use a boot floppy?
I think things work better if you create desktop links or folders
-- not on the desktop -- but in
Home --> Desktop
If you can't erase them and start over -- try moving them
into the Home folder, and then into the Desktop folder.
This could be messy if you have folders of the same
name -- but you can likely work around this.
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
I have knoppix installed on the hard drive, with home on the same drive. I'll try your tips, and we'll see how it goes
Similar Threads
-
By kenoh in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:25 PM
-
By kq9j in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
-
By anarchriz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:06 PM
-
By jMon54 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H AMD Ryzen Motherboard
$49.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard
$55.99

HP Z440 WorkStation LGA 2011-3 DDR4 Desktop Motherboard 710324-002
$39.99