-
Junior Member
registered user
Succesful remaster with OpenOffice.org 1.1
Steps for remastering Knoppix 3.2 06/06/2003:
1. apt-get remove old OpenOffice de/en
2. Edit /etc/sources.list ( Find your mirror at http://openoffice.debian.net/mirrors.html )
3. apt-get update
4. Change first line of apt.conf to APT:
efault-Release "testing";
5. apt-get install openoffice.org
6. Copy /home/knoppix/.openoffice to /etc/skel
7. Uncomment first and last line in Star/OpenOffice section in file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
Code:
# Star/OpenOffice preinstall, now done in soffice startscript
[ -f /etc/skel/.sversionrc ] && \cp -au /etc/skel/.sversionrc $HOME/
# [ -f /etc/skel/.user60.rdb ] && \cp -au /etc/skel/.user60.rdb $HOME/
[ -d /etc/skel/.openoffice -a "$FREESPACE" -gt 3500 ] && \
\cp -ua /etc/skel/.openoffice $HOME/
Enjoy!
OpenOffice.org 1.1 is much faster than older (de/en).
-
Junior Member
registered user
I am really excited that someone seems to have discovered a way to remaster the CD-ROM with Openoffice 1.1 . I have been trying to accomplish this for weeks, with no success. However, I think you made a two inadvertant mistakes in your post. I believe it should read:
2. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list
and
5. apt-get install openoffice.org1.1
That having been said, I am unable to apt-get openoffice.org1.1 from the chrooted environment because of the following:
" Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies: openoffice.org1.1-bin: Depends: libfreetype6 (< 2.1.0) but 2.1.4-4 is to be installed"
Could anyone offer me any advice?
Thanks
Jake
-
Junior Member
registered user
First some explanations:
1. OpenOffice.org 1.1 has been installed as last of many another packages (Quanta+, gFTP, Qt3 Designer, IDLE, Kino, Film Gimp, Webmin, Synaptic, phpMyAdmin, eskuel, mySQLcc, GNU Zebra, Etherape, xCDroast, Licq, MP3Kult, Blender, F-Prot, Firestarter Firewall ).
2. All games, language files (except english and german) and Koffice has been removed.
3. My final version with OpenOffice.org 1.1 take only 660 MB of CD space. Works fine running of CD and if installed on HD as well.
4. I do remastering using synaptic in second X started in chrooted environment.
5. OpenOffice.org line in /etc/apt/sources.list Jake wrote:
However, I think you made a two inadvertant mistakes in your post. I believe it should read:
2. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list
and
5. apt-get install openoffice.org1.1
No, this is not mistake. I am sorry. I did another mistake because I very often change /etc/apt/apt.conf .
In step 4. please edit first line /etc/apt/apt.conf ( put APT:
efault-Release "unstable"; instead of APT:
efault-Release "testing"; ) and try again.
-
Advice
You are having the same problem, I am having, the original poster is using KNOPPIX-06-06-2003, you are using KNOPPIX-07-2x-2003
So it is either downgrade to 06-06-2003, or wait a while. The deb folks are not working on openoffice.org.1.1, they are now working on openoffice.org1.1rc, till they have that done for the sid folks. We are out of luck.

Originally Posted by
jake5m
I am really excited that someone seems to have discovered a way to remaster the CD-ROM with Openoffice 1.1 . I have been trying to accomplish this for weeks, with no success.
That having been said, I am unable to apt-get openoffice.org1.1 from the chrooted environment because of the following:
" Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies: openoffice.org1.1-bin: Depends: libfreetype6 (< 2.1.0) but 2.1.4-4 is to be installed"
Could anyone offer me any advice?
Thanks
Jake
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Worked great on my remaster of a 6-06 version. I had to alter apt.conf to use default=unstable though, not testing. Saved me a bunch of space on my CD. So I added firebird and Mplayer also.
-
Knoopix 3.3 - 16/2/2004
Hy,
NikiBob, your solution seems great and i've tried it, but....
I'm confused...
In step 7 you said "Uncomment first and last line", but seems to me that in the code you have uncommented the first, third and fourth (last) line.
Code:
# Star/OpenOffice preinstall, now done in soffice startscript
1: [ -f /etc/skel/.sversionrc ] && \cp -au /etc/skel/.sversionrc $HOME/
2: # [ -f /etc/skel/.user60.rdb ] && \cp -au /etc/skel/.user60.rdb $HOME/
3: [ -d /etc/skel/.openoffice -a "$FREESPACE" -gt 3500 ] && \
4: \cp -ua /etc/skel/.openoffice $HOME/
What do you really mean?? 1st and last or 1st, 3rd and 4th???
Another question...
I'm using Knoopix 3.3 - 16/2/2004 and the 4th line is a bit different from yours (sorry i dont have here the line).
I've uncomment the 3 lines (1st, 3rd and 4th), and openoffice is almost perfect. When i start it, it finish the instalattion / setup and then i can start using it.
But i'm trying to avoid this "finish setup", is there any help???
Thanks
NCarvalho
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By ebdomino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
-
By Viro in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 11:06 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$179.99