-
Senior Member
registered user
Try removing the lines 'savedefault' and 'boot' . I also use grub but I don't have those lines in my menu.lst. Refer to the sample menu.lst on the 'doc' folder of your grub source directory.
Did that. Same result.
-
Senior Member
registered user
what is your partitions configuration, like which is the boot partition, which is root partition etc. or more specifically, which parititon /boot/* refers to ?
root@molehole:/home/knoppix# cat /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name
8 0 62592 sda | usb
8 1 62512 sda1 | usb
22 0 9999864 hdc
22 1 24066 hdc1
22 2 425722 hdc2
22 3 9542610 hdc3
3 0 40021632 hda
3 1 17577976 hda1 | bootable ext3
3 2 488376 hda2 | swap
3 3 21955248 hda3 | ext3 (will become /home)
hdc3 is all SuSE.
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, I've given up on Grub. I've got a version of lilo.conf which /sbin/lilo seems to find acceptable by editing out all references to SuSE (this is the one which I used to run from SuSE to boot 3.1 and SuSE). So, how do I purge the evil Grub from my mbr? (see other post)
Similar Threads
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 11:54 PM
-
By ocean in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:26 PM
-
By Henk Poley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 12:11 PM
-
By SgtRauksauff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99