Hi all.
Can someone tell me if it's possible/feasible to get TV-out working with knoppix and a PCI S3-virge/DX video card?
i did notice there is a "xmodule=s3" cheat-code, but the last time I tried anything with an S3 card I had a really hard time getting it to work well (resolution & color depth were really low, X crashes, etc).
This is a HD-less install of knoppix.
I know how to setup the XF86Config-4 file (or at least can figure it out), but I'd just like to know if it's even worth trying this with an S3 card (i used a Geforce last time).
Anybody got any experience with one of these?
800x600 w/16 bit color is fine.
thanks,
john

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99