How did you install it? ALSA comes with 3.2. All you have to do (as root) is
/etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig
and that's it!
Since I've installed ALSA I get these warnings at startup:
What's that and what's my fault?depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/build
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/kernel
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.generic_string is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.ieee1394map is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.isapnpmap is not an ELF file
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/modules.parportmap
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.pcimap is not an ELF file
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/modules.pnpbiosmap
depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.usbmap is not an ELF file
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/net
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/pcmcia
depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/usb
Another question: Basically, the Soundsystem works perfectly, but I have no sound in Windows-Applications running via wine. What can I do?
How did you install it? ALSA comes with 3.2. All you have to do (as root) is
/etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig
and that's it!
I installed Knoppix with ALSA support exactly like it's shown here, in the last posting and of course I've run alsa-autoconfig. Nevertheless there are these warnings, and I've no idea why.
I'm still puzzled as to why all that should be necessary, but when I built my alsa drivers from source (this was back with Knoppix 3.1, no ALSA with that build) I found --- and it took some finding -- some very good documentation for my driver.
http://www.alsa-project.org/documentation.php3
is a good place to start.
They happened to me every time I updated the modules in Knoppix I just ignore them everything seemed to work fine. My guess is that they are left over from Klaus building the image.Originally Posted by netromancer
Ok, so apparently it's not my fault. I will have a look at the documentation anyway, perhaps it helps.
BTW, I still have no sound with wine, any idea why?

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$480.63
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48
Lenovo Thinkpad T15 Gen 1 Intel i7-10610U 16GB RAM 1TB SSD - Excellent
$319.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$547.36
NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99
Gaming PC Desktop Computer 12-Core RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 32GB
$600.00