-
Check sum Failed but the iso file is ok..i think...
hey, i got a problem really.
i downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-07-26-EN.iso and dunno why it says check sum had failed..
i went back to the ftp and saw that the original file is 727,525,396 bytes and mine is 727,525,376 bytes which is 20 bytes short. I tried to resume the download, but it just can't. However i can extract the iso by using UltraISO without getting any errors. Any help?
Thanks!
PS. if i burn the image onto cd..will i succeed? (since the file is extractable)
-
Senior Member
registered user
humm... 20 bytes.
I am guilty of not even checking the md5sum unless I have a problem but if I did check and it was not perfect it would bug me.Yours is probaly fine but if you want to fix it without downloading another iso you could use rsync.Rsync wont work with knoppix to upgrade one build to another because of the compressed file system (well it will work but wont save much time) but since you already have the latest version you can use rsync to fix it very quickly.I have done this many times on dialup after starting and stopping my knoppix download many times I will "run thru it" with rsync and it takes less than 5 minutes.The command I would use (run from the same directory as the iso is stored in) on a linux box is :
rsync -P --stats ftp.leo.org::Knoppix/KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-07-26-EN.iso .
Note the space and period at the end of the line...it IS importiant.
If you do try this you might want to use a COPY of your iso that you downloaded because if you type the wrong rsync command you might trash your iso.
-
Thanks Tech2k!!!! I'll have a try!
Similar Threads
-
By Hige in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:39 PM
-
By BroodSpawn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By Pretone in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-28-2003, 04:56 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 04:57 AM
-
By neil in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s
$1199.99

Samsung Dual-Rank DDR4 2933MHz 64GB RAM
$379.99

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung M474A2K43BB1-CTDQ 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM RAM Memory
$199.00

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM
$449.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48