Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Unable to unlock folder

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5

    Unable to unlock folder

    Friends: I have a USB drive which I cannot access from Windows. I tried to open it from Knoppix 5.1 but I keep getting the message "locked folder". I tried several solutions from the Internet but still unable to unlock the folder. Any ideas how I can do this? Thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110
    Hi
    1- Why using knopix_5* ? Now somewhat very old.
    However I also use some old versions by admitting
    fewer functionnalities.

    2- Your USB_drive may be "dirty" if formated with
    "Fat_file_system" or "NTFS_file_system".
    In such a case you may execute (inside Windows)
    thecommand: chkdsk /f for "your partition letter:"
    (reboot and re-do the same again (recommended).

    3- If "knoppix_formated" I prefer execute "gParted"
    which (sometimes) correct errors on the partitions.

    4- I do not connect regularly

    Good luck

    knp
    Last edited by knp; 05-22-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99