-
Junior Member
registered user
I notice that there seems to be a strange effect happening in Mozilla depending on how this setting is set, how X is aware of the exact size and resolution and pixel dimensions of the display, and what settings have been modified in the .js Mozilla settings file 'unix.js'.
I've managed to get a different Linux install (not Knoppix) to display absolutely enormous Mozilla fonts everywhere - not what I want - except within the page viewport of the Mozilla web browser, where font sizing seems correct - which is how I want.
I think something somewhere is getting confused as to what constitutes a 12 point font and whether this might have anything to do with a 12 pixel high font, in a system where the TFT monitor gives me a resolution of 85dpi, which is what my XFree86 system is set at - as far as I'm aware (I'm still learning a lot about this particular area).
Obviously, the relationship between point size departs from pixel height depending upon the font, the aspect, the display resolution (dpi), whether the display resolution is an accurate derivation of the actual measurable size of the display, and the user-agent's idea of accuracy. And probably the wind speed.
Similar Threads
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By stillstanding in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:39 PM
-
By knoxx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By emanuelez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 01:47 PM
-
By true1ever in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 03:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00