Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Creating a Bootable Cd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5

    Creating a Bootable Cd

    I have the .iso file sitting opn my desktop. I have nero and I can't firgure out the correct way to do this. I get a box saying that 2048 is to small a data format. So I ignored it, but nothing happened when I boot. Could someone please give me intructions on making this cd, thank you. This is my first time trying linux....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    The iso is already bootable and just need to be burned.I dont use windows but I searched "nero" on this site and it looks like the second post here : http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2090#9735 may help.

    If you have winxp I have heard that the "isorecorder" is very easy.You can download that from the web (use google to find) then just click and burn the iso.

    I burn mine under linux with the following command :
    #cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=12 my.iso

    Man its so easy with tux

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5
    thanks that worked, I used the iso powertool from the link u gave me.
    however, i boot now and after the tux comes up and it runs command lines, i get a kernel error

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    The only other thing I can think of is to check that you're using an 80min/700Mb CD-R.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    Humm....always something

    try and check the md5sum of the iso you downloaded.From windows you will need to use something like this http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/md5sums/

    also use the knoppix testcd cheatcode to be sure your burn is ok.What speed did you burn at?It is best not to go over about 12x burn speed for an os.

Similar Threads

  1. creating the bootable cd
    By neil c in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
  2. Help with bootable cd!
    By widget in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
  3. I need help creating a custom bootable CD,auto install to HD
    By cobra133 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:34 AM
  4. Bootable UDF CD-RW possible?
    By infoMafia in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:00 PM
  5. for those without bootable cd
    By in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-23-2002, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer picture

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer

$649.95



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Rare Vintage DEC DIGITAL DFO3 modem ~Powers Up but UNTESTED #1 picture

Rare Vintage DEC DIGITAL DFO3 modem ~Powers Up but UNTESTED #1

$75.00



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99