What procedure do i need to boot?
What is the best/
1. NTLDR
2. Gag MBR
3. GAG Floppy
4. LILO(i would like to use this, because i don't have to go to windows to finish the install)
The hal.dll is often due to a misconfigured C:\boot.ini . Could you post it here or just check if you made a typo in it. If your C:\ is NTFS you could use a DOS bootdisk or winCD to change the file.
What procedure do i need to boot?
What is the best/
1. NTLDR
2. Gag MBR
3. GAG Floppy
4. LILO(i would like to use this, because i don't have to go to windows to finish the install)
Can anyone point me to information about dual booting Windows 98SE and Knoppix V.3.4 ?
i got to the install lilo part, i choose no but it installed anyway, plus, it cant write to the floppy
Ok, couple of questions for you guys.
How do I do this? Can I do it in Windows or Knoppix? Or either? What utility is recommended?Originally Posted by jdong
So, boot disks are required. Can I use a USB stick or a boot CD instead? (I really really really hate floppies; they're archaic, unreliable and prone to errors)Originally Posted by jdong
Say no to the MBR? I said yes, and it works gr8! Wind0ze XP home sp2 boots fine for me.
I could've gotten lucky.
Try grub.exe to boot the iso file from dos... cf: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796Originally Posted by sklynn
Cheers, Gilles

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99