View Poll Results: Did this procedure work for you?
- Voters
- 42. You may not vote on this poll
-
This post is my first and regarding
"Ok, I just confirmed that this procedure works. Tried it on TWO PC's. One XP, the other 2000......."
I am having 2 harddisks on 2 different IDE channels.
On primary IDE channel there is already HDDA with XP and 2K Multiboot on 2 parititions. On secondary IDE channel there is HDDB with 3 partitions of which 2 have a lot of data and one free to be split for ext3 and swap (Knoppix Partition say)
Now I dont want LILO and GRUB.
I want to go with "XP Bootloader and add C:\bootsect.knx = "Knoppix" " idea.
Now does this method really work if NTDLR and Knoppix installation are on "different IDE channels" and "different HDDs" and "different parititions"
If it wont work I would rather try if my BIOS lets me switch which IDE to boot from (without boot.ini changes ofcourse)..... but that is a pain everytime to press DEL / F2 !!!
I am anyway gonna go till "Knoppix Installation on my Knoppix Partition" and wait till I find if doing the copy/boot.ini stuff will not SURPRSIE me with huge data loss.
Is there someone who has already tried such a combination ?
Gruss
Bala
Similar Threads
-
By mkyb14 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 06:06 PM
-
By ishtvan22 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 04:11 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By Termina in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:15 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75