You may want to check this thread on the Overclockix remaster it appears to support the nic.Originally Posted by audioaficionado
I'm just checking in to find out if I can access the internet with my Abit NF7-S rev2.0 nForce2 mainboard's onboard NIC using the latest Knoppix CD yet.
No sense in DL a 700Mb iso for nothing.
You may want to check this thread on the Overclockix remaster it appears to support the nic.Originally Posted by audioaficionado
This thread seems to have the answer. The A7N8X deluxe has an onboard nforce nic. The last post seems to solve the problem, though i have not tried it myself. I do know, however, that clusterknoppix integrates the drivers as that seems to work on my computer. Please let us know if the above thread helps
-Duffin
I was hoping the Knoppix Live CD Linux auto detected everything like it does on my other computers. The nForce2 chipset mobos are quite numerous and popular now. The auto detect support should be there by now.
What's the main differances between ClusterKnoppix and the regular Knoppix CD?
BTW I downloaded Arkaine23's Overclockix remaster tonight. I'll try it out later this week since I FAH 24/7 too. We both frequent the forums at http://forum.oc-forums.com/
Clusterknoppix just has a kernel that is patched to allow clustering via openmosix. The openmosix feature makes the kernel slightly larger so a few programs had to be taken out (I don't even notice which ones though). Other than that and the nvidia drivers i don't know if there is that big of a difference at all.
-Duffin
This is the newest version of Arkane23's Overclockix
http://overclockix.octeams.com/Overclockix_Eidolon.iso
Don't try to DL until it's finished uploading in about 2.75 hrs from the time of this post.
Actually, I'm working on some more goodies right now since I found some spare time. There will be an even newer iso sometime around noon tomorrow- lots of updates to the normal software, openoffice 1.1, mplayer, and firebird. I'll just have to see how the iso size works out once all these things are installed......
Then I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon. Please post if your schedule changes.
Is there any time listed yet for when the nForce 2's nics will be supported in Knoppix?
They will not be unless Nvidia changes their terms of license.Originally Posted by Mica

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99