Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Change your download directory

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Hague, The Netherlands
    Posts
    93

    Change your download directory

    When I go on X-Chat I get a message that:

    Your download directory is your home directory. You should change this.

    How do I change it?

    If you have time why do I need to change it? (Which DOC or MAN) do I need to read?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Change your download directory

    Quote Originally Posted by FelixDzerzhinsky
    When I go on X-Chat I get a message that:

    Your download directory is your home directory. You should change this.

    How do I change it?

    If you have time why do I need to change it? (Which DOC or MAN) do I need to read?
    Once the connection is made go to perferences -> network -> file transfers then change the setting to whatever you want. As to why you get the warning to change it I would image it has to do with security but you would think it should actually make you set the path before you can download anything not give you a warning for a preset path, I just checked my install and it was set to my /home and it did not give me that warning strange indeed.

Similar Threads

  1. Logon to active directory or NT directory ......
    By ktheking in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 07:20 AM
  3. X-Chat Default download directory home?
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:50 PM
  4. Can't download
    By ramrom in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:29 AM
  5. Change LC_MESSAGES variable and change user name name
    By Guest in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00