Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Apt questions

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Apt questions

    Though Apt(-get) is quite a good system I miss some features. Especialy automatic rollback and re-configure/install when a package fails to install.

    I've tried to install mythtv. I chose the default options in the mythtv-database package configuration, like stated in the dialog box (or how you call it). It tells that if you didn't change anything in your MySQL config you could keep the defaults. Not so in Knoppix, so it seems.

    This is not an as big of a problem as the package freenet-unstable has caused. mythtv-database only gives you a failure notice, but this package tells me I need(ed) to enter a number between 1 and 64xxx (16bit interger), when you press OK you imediately return to this screen. So I had to kill apt-get. This means I can't use apt-get anymore since it is locked, it tells me to run dpkg:
    E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    Which gives you the looping error message...

    Wierd thing is that I didn't enter a portnumber in freenet-unstable, the dialogbox only asked to enter your real IP#. Anybody knows where apt stores it's info, so I can fix it myself (change the config setting)?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    dpkg --purge freenet-unstable
    dpkg --purge mythtv-database
    This resolved the isue (I hope). Removed the remaining mythtv packages via synaptic. Did a deborphan and removed libqt3-i18n too.

    apt-get works normaly again

Similar Threads

  1. Just few questions
    By Nikolay in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
  2. I have some questions
    By ichi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
  3. Last two questions before i go for it.
    By tycapel7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
  4. Questions from the new guy
    By Liquidant in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:28 PM
  5. A few questions
    By jshah329 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5

Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5" SATA Red NAS Hard Disk Drive

$69.99