-
Senior Member
registered user
Apt questions
Though Apt(-get) is quite a good system I miss some features. Especialy automatic rollback and re-configure/install when a package fails to install.
I've tried to install mythtv. I chose the default options in the mythtv-database package configuration, like stated in the dialog box (or how you call it). It tells that if you didn't change anything in your MySQL config you could keep the defaults. Not so in Knoppix, so it seems.
This is not an as big of a problem as the package freenet-unstable has caused. mythtv-database only gives you a failure notice, but this package tells me I need(ed) to enter a number between 1 and 64xxx (16bit interger), when you press OK you imediately return to this screen. So I had to kill apt-get. This means I can't use apt-get anymore since it is locked, it tells me to run dpkg:
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
Which gives you the looping error message...
Wierd thing is that I didn't enter a portnumber in freenet-unstable, the dialogbox only asked to enter your real IP#. Anybody knows where apt stores it's info, so I can fix it myself (change the config setting)?
Similar Threads
-
By Nikolay in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
-
By ichi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By tycapel7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
-
By Liquidant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By jshah329 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99