Hi, i have exactly the same problem on knoppix in my Acer 1705SCi.
And cant install debian with kernel 2.4.x
If any have same laptop, plz say howto install the debian on this kind of computer.
Thanks
Hi
I have a ACER 1601LC but I Canīt boot whit knoppix 3.2 because it appears the next line:
"unknow bus type 2"
I tryed too with Red Hat or Mandrake 9.1 but it say:
"hda: lost interrupt"
Can you help me please?
Thanks
Hi, i have exactly the same problem on knoppix in my Acer 1705SCi.
And cant install debian with kernel 2.4.x
If any have same laptop, plz say howto install the debian on this kind of computer.
Thanks
Hi!
I have the same problem on my ACER 1601LC!
...but, the older versions, upto version 3.2 (2003-07-26) DID run on my note. Also i tried booting with the "failsafe" option at the "boot:" prompt, and it did successfully boot up (version 3.3 / 2003-09-22). I suggest you try to boot with the failsafe parameter too. I think something in the hardware detection routine might have changed, that causes the error, but when you specify this parameter it is left out, and Knoppix successfully boots up. I hope this was of some help, and someone can find a solution for booting up in "normal" mode.
Thx!
"knoppix noapic" worked for me when running 3.3 (2004-02-93 BETA) on my Mutlivision Arcus (you've probably never heard of it). Its a pretty new laptop.
Just got to get my Linksys 802.11g cardbus card working now!

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$120.73
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99