-
Lilo Problem
Alright, I tried 2 times, and still get the same problem. I do the knx-hdinstall, and after I reboot, it just says
L 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99
But it boots fine when I use the boot floppy.. any idea what could be wrong?
I am trying knoppix-installer now.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's a problem with the geometry of your drive. If you can post your /etc/lilo.conf (together with the output of cat /proc/partitions) it may be sortable. But I doubt that using knoppix-installer will improve things.
-
Yeah, I tried with knoppix-installer and it didnt help.. if ya can tell me how to get that print out, I will do it.. I am a Linux n00b.
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, try this:
su to root and do
gvim /etc/lilo.conf
in a Konsole (bottom left of the task bar -- a help button will pop up)
right mouse click to highlight everything, put the mouse on this wndow and (depends on your mouse) either: middle mouse click or click left and right mouse buttons at once to paste it. Just close gvim without saving.
For the other (again, su to root) type:
cat /proc/partitions
Highlight the lot and paste it here. (As above)
BTW, that copy and paste with the mouse trick is one of many great *nix timesavers!
My own suspicion is that there is some flakyness here, but it should be solveable.
Similar Threads
-
By greyshark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 08:00 PM
-
By shadinio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 05:07 PM
-
By saden1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:12 PM
-
By Syslog in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 07:20 PM
-
By milenbo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99