-
Senior Member
registered user
Well I can't help you out with a card or server space, but I just thought I would point out that someone is currently working on a remastered version of Knoppix with Myth on it. It's already undergone 3 revisions and will apparently now let you run a Myth client from the cd. Check out the following link for more info:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ghlight=#21431
Adam
-
I heard of this, in fact I have a copy. Unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for. I wanted something that would run entierly off the cd and didn't need to rely on another machine. The KnopMyth cd is great but you still need to install mythtv backend and mysql on another machine and set a bunch of stuff up. I want mine to be self contained and idiot proof. Pop in the cd plug in the usb capture device and click go, that sort of thing. I still understand and see the need for knopMyth but it isn't what I am looking for.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ignuu2
I heard of this, in fact I have a copy. Unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for. I wanted something that would run entierly off the cd and didn't need to rely on another machine. The KnopMyth cd is great but you still need to install mythtv backend and mysql on another machine and set a bunch of stuff up. I want mine to be self contained and idiot proof. Pop in the cd plug in the usb capture device and click go, that sort of thing. I still understand and see the need for knopMyth but it isn't what I am looking for.
Ok, sounds good but not too easy though. If you get any ideas about how to do this it might be worth, calaborating with the other. Otherwise, I'd be glad to see you post about your own remaster. Hope it goes well anyway.
-
Learning from Myth TV...
I am learning off of knoppmyth. I am having trobles with it but all in all it is great. This is the major one I use win tv go, and when i go to watchg tv the system exits to the x window system (terminal and start Myth tv). I guess i should take it to the other form. or read the instructions closer. I am sure there will be others shortly.
Jimmy
-
Why don't you take advantage of P2P? (was Re: Update)

Originally Posted by
ignuu2
Anyone have some server space to spare?
Thanks
Why don't you take advantage of P2P?
You could publish it using eMule or eDonkey and take advantage of the network of file sharers.
-
That's a good idea. I just got mldonkey setup and I am pretty happy with it. It's kinda slow but I don't know if that is because of the way I set it up, my ISP or simply the nature of the network. As for what I have done so far with mythTVcd it might just be easier to post detailed instructions and have people build there own. I mean I haven't worked that hard on it, and if you can build your own remaster you should be able to get as far as I have. I will try and have something put together soon. Thanks again for all the good sugestions.
Later
-

Originally Posted by
ignuu2
That's a good idea. I just got mldonkey setup and I am pretty happy with it. It's kinda slow but I don't know if that is because of the way I set it up, my ISP or simply the nature of the network. As for what I have done so far with mythTVcd it might just be easier to post detailed instructions and have people build there own. I mean I haven't worked that hard on it, and if you can build your own remaster you should be able to get as far as I have. I will try and have something put together soon. Thanks again for all the good sugestions.
Later
If it is really slow, you may want to make sure that you have opened port TCP 4662 so that you don't get a low_id.
Anyway, if you post the instructions that would be great.
-=Warlock
Similar Threads
-
By simonvdv in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 02:41 AM
-
By JamalNJ in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:48 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:49 PM
-
By usbrit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 06:04 PM
-
By fitsnips in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99