Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: MythTV or Freevo?

  1. #1

    MythTV or Freevo?

    This was a Topic on another Linux fourm I thought I would bring it here. Is there any chance to Squezze Mythtv or Freevo in? maybe in another Distrubution?


  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19
    Heh, I wish. It looks like some projects got started to do it but never took off. It's really a perfect application for the Live CD format AFAICT.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    if they are apt-getable I can do a remaster for you..

    you'll just need to provide a ftp for me to upload to and which applications can I remove to get free disk space.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I spoke to Alex of the Morphix project the other day in irc, and he said that someone is working on a multimedia module for Morphix that incorporates Freevo. Last time I checked it wasn't available yet, but hopefully it will see the light of day sometime soon.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30

    I'm trying

    That is a great idea. I would love to have mythtv but when I try to install it the dependencies fail and I can't get it to install.

    depends on mythtv-frontend and backend, then when I try to install those they complain some more about libmyth-0.10 and libqt. Anyway I can get around this?

    Hopefully someone has the answer.

    cheers

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: I'm trying

    Quote Originally Posted by ignuu2
    Hopefully someone has the answer.
    here

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30

    great super helpful but now I am stuck

    it seems that my installaion can't find a library

    whenI run mythfrontend I get libmyth-o.12.so.0 cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

    however it lives in /usr/local/lib/

    what gives. Do I need to be in X to run this?

    I can't e in X because I am remastering a cd. Should I try to run a chrooted session in X while remastering? is that possible?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30
    After some searching I figured it out. I needed to add the library path to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig.

    That seemed to fix it.

    I now have mythtv installed on a knoppix live cd. It seems to run although I forgot to automate a few things that I will fix the next time I remaster. It was pretty easy following the knoppix remaster howto along with the knoppix mythtv howto listed in the above post.

    I have not tested it yet as I don't have a capture card on the pc that I am working on however I will be testing it in a few hours and I will have a report.

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30

    Just in case someone is interested.

    Hi all. It doesn't work yet. I can start the application and I can get mysql and mythbackend and frontend to run however as soon as I launch the TV app the screen goes black and mythtv crashes. I don't know why yet, but the rest of the system runs. Xawtv works however and I can watch TV through that. I will try and output some logfiles so I can figure out what is going on. Has anyone else tried to make one of these yet?

    Later

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30

    Update

    I managed to fix most of the problems with myth running on cd. It still neeeds a HD to cache stuff but for that I use a samba share on another machine. Turns out that most of my problems were due to my ati-all-in-wonder not being supported by myth. I am using a tv-wonder on a collegues computer to test the setup. Does anyone know of a good cheap usb based solution that is supported by myth? If so maybe I can get that to work. Is anyone interested in helping me out with this? If you have a capture device that is supported by myth I will gladly give out a copy of my iso. You also need to run a script to make myth run.

    Anyone have some server space to spare?

    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PXE boot for MythTV client system?
    By simonvdv in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 02:41 AM
  2. need help setting up MythTV
    By JamalNJ in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:48 AM
  3. freevo and tv-out support
    By sebke in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:49 PM
  4. mythtv install problem
    By usbrit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 06:04 PM
  5. mythtv knoppix install
    By fitsnips in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3

$59.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN picture

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN

$55.00



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J picture

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J

$70.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00