Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: MythTV or Freevo?

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Well I can't help you out with a card or server space, but I just thought I would point out that someone is currently working on a remastered version of Knoppix with Myth on it. It's already undergone 3 revisions and will apparently now let you run a Myth client from the cd. Check out the following link for more info:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ghlight=#21431

    Adam

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30
    I heard of this, in fact I have a copy. Unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for. I wanted something that would run entierly off the cd and didn't need to rely on another machine. The KnopMyth cd is great but you still need to install mythtv backend and mysql on another machine and set a bunch of stuff up. I want mine to be self contained and idiot proof. Pop in the cd plug in the usb capture device and click go, that sort of thing. I still understand and see the need for knopMyth but it isn't what I am looking for.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by ignuu2
    I heard of this, in fact I have a copy. Unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for. I wanted something that would run entierly off the cd and didn't need to rely on another machine. The KnopMyth cd is great but you still need to install mythtv backend and mysql on another machine and set a bunch of stuff up. I want mine to be self contained and idiot proof. Pop in the cd plug in the usb capture device and click go, that sort of thing. I still understand and see the need for knopMyth but it isn't what I am looking for.
    Ok, sounds good but not too easy though. If you get any ideas about how to do this it might be worth, calaborating with the other. Otherwise, I'd be glad to see you post about your own remaster. Hope it goes well anyway.

  4. #14

    Learning from Myth TV...

    I am learning off of knoppmyth. I am having trobles with it but all in all it is great. This is the major one I use win tv go, and when i go to watchg tv the system exits to the x window system (terminal and start Myth tv). I guess i should take it to the other form. or read the instructions closer. I am sure there will be others shortly.

    Jimmy

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4

    Why don't you take advantage of P2P? (was Re: Update)

    Quote Originally Posted by ignuu2

    Anyone have some server space to spare?

    Thanks
    Why don't you take advantage of P2P?
    You could publish it using eMule or eDonkey and take advantage of the network of file sharers.

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30
    That's a good idea. I just got mldonkey setup and I am pretty happy with it. It's kinda slow but I don't know if that is because of the way I set it up, my ISP or simply the nature of the network. As for what I have done so far with mythTVcd it might just be easier to post detailed instructions and have people build there own. I mean I haven't worked that hard on it, and if you can build your own remaster you should be able to get as far as I have. I will try and have something put together soon. Thanks again for all the good sugestions.

    Later

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ignuu2
    That's a good idea. I just got mldonkey setup and I am pretty happy with it. It's kinda slow but I don't know if that is because of the way I set it up, my ISP or simply the nature of the network. As for what I have done so far with mythTVcd it might just be easier to post detailed instructions and have people build there own. I mean I haven't worked that hard on it, and if you can build your own remaster you should be able to get as far as I have. I will try and have something put together soon. Thanks again for all the good sugestions.

    Later
    If it is really slow, you may want to make sure that you have opened port TCP 4662 so that you don't get a low_id.

    Anyway, if you post the instructions that would be great.

    -=Warlock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. PXE boot for MythTV client system?
    By simonvdv in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 02:41 AM
  2. need help setting up MythTV
    By JamalNJ in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:48 AM
  3. freevo and tv-out support
    By sebke in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:49 PM
  4. mythtv install problem
    By usbrit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 06:04 PM
  5. mythtv knoppix install
    By fitsnips in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99



Samsung T7 Portable SSD 1TB Titan Gray USB-C USB 3.2 1050MB/s Password picture

Samsung T7 Portable SSD 1TB Titan Gray USB-C USB 3.2 1050MB/s Password

$165.00



Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US

$51.77



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



SAMSUNG CD-RW DRIVE MODEL SW-224 AMAZING CONDITION+ORIGINAL BOX    NEVER USED picture

SAMSUNG CD-RW DRIVE MODEL SW-224 AMAZING CONDITION+ORIGINAL BOX NEVER USED

$30.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11

Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11" 128GB - Wi-Fi - Gray - Brand new

$235.59



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00