Is wine broken under 3.2? Upgraded from 3.1, applications that previously worked nolonger do. Wine exits with error code 1.
Any thoughts or should I just wait for the 3.2 to nolnger be a beta![]()
Is wine broken under 3.2? Upgraded from 3.1, applications that previously worked nolonger do. Wine exits with error code 1.
Any thoughts or should I just wait for the 3.2 to nolnger be a beta![]()
Try about the re-configure the wine.
I think it may cause your problem to be solved out.
Since this is the general forum I believe you are using the live CD.
I suggest that you make a persistent home to store your wine configuration. In this way you will not have to reconfig wine everytime you boot from the cd.
Also I assume that you started wine in the menu. Please attempt to start wine in a console(command line). this way you will be able to see the reason for this error 1.
I bet it complains about font metrics or maybe a missing nt.dll. I have these problems with wine also... assuming its because its the first time wine has been run since I'm booted from the live CD.
How to fix it??
Copy fonts from a windows install into /home/knoppix/.wine/fake-windows/Windows/fonts
I had this same problem. The app I wanted to run needed only the lucinda console font.
Thanks arkaine23 you nailed it. Installed some fonts from my Win98 font directory and all is running again.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$300.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U 2.7GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$450.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00