-
OpenOffice: File->New menu in German. Where is it set ?
I noticed that OpenOffice's File->New menu is in German. Everything else is in English as expected. Anyone knows which file defines it ?
I know its a known-bug and probably been fixed in new versions of knoppix, but I'd like to fix it in a remaster based on an older version.
Anyone knows how this bug was/is fixed ?
-
Junior Member
registered user
this may help
the version of openoffice in knoppix seems to be the debian package openoffice-de-en or something similar, not the standard english openoffice package, so that may be a glitch in the package. I believe that package is used becuase klaus and most of the other developers (fabian?) are German (this is the reason there is a German CD, and why the keyboard default is German). If you have a HD install you can probably fix it by removing the openoffic-de-en package and installing the english version from apt.
-
I know the problem is in the openoffice-de-en package, but its still a bug I'd like to fix without replacing the package. (Thats because apt-get install openoffice.org seems to require a lot of packages I removed, such as gcc, which are not really needed for working with openoffice).
I found something in openoffice.org about this specific menu being hard-coded so its not controlled by the same file as others. I guess the maintainers of the german package hardcoded it into some file, but I can't seem to find that file.
Similar Threads
-
By Zero_1984 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 09:34 PM
-
By Craig2 in forum General Support
Replies: 28
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By donl in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 01:46 PM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 07:00 AM
-
By howagood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears
$79.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99